Fido is a mobile phone company with headquarters in Montreal. This Quebec company was bought by Rogers Wireless in mid-2000, making it is subsidiary.
Fido is mainly specialized for provide cheaper services, no hidden fees and the first in Canada providing per-second billing. As a subsidiary of Rogers, it uses its network and serves the Apple iPhone and phones with Android.
Fido has been named "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Postpaid Wireless Service” in 2007 by JD Power and Associates.
- Per-second billing
- No hidden charges (access charges Network + 911)
- No activation fee
- 2 year contract or prepaid cards
- Fido is the only company to warn you, by sending you an alert, when you use 75% of your minutes and 100%
- Fido dollars (5% monthly fee are processed in Fido dollars that you can exchange for getting accessories)
- Less professional, don't offer any business solution